Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a photo ID card and a City and Guilds certificate which is valid for 3 years. All Candidates wishing to take a City and Guilds confined space qualification should be a minimum of 16 years old and be medically fit.
This qualification has been designed by City and Guilds to meet the requirements of Water UK and is water industry specific.
Who should attend?
Anybody who will be working in or at a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as medium risk
This qualification is safe entry into confined spaces using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as part of the planned means of rescue. This qualification covers:
· Preparing to enter a confined space
· Entering and exiting a confined space
· Dealing with emergencies
· Acting as top man-entry point controller
· Giving emergency aid
This qualification focuses on the delegates’ ability to work as a team member and make confined space entries which have been risk assessed and classified NC2, NC3, NC4 with the water UK confined space entries classification scheme by demonstrating the ability to:
· Select, check and deploy equipment
· Establish a safety zone at the access and aggress point
· Establish and maintain an appropriate communication system
· Set out and interpret atmosphere monitors
· Maintain safe working procedures for the work being done
· Use compressed air breathing apparatus
· Follow Emergency Procedures
· Provide emergency aid to non breathing unconscious casualty
Duration: Two Days