The telephone is a vital tool in the business. The expectations of telephone behaviour are becoming higher. This course is aimed at all personnel within your business, whether frequent or infrequent users of the telephone within their business role and whether using the telephone for internal or external customers. We will concentrate on developing the necessary skills, enabling the delegate to impress the ‘customer’ with efficiency, courtesy and professionalism over the telephone.
This course will be highly interactive, full of practical exercises helping to reinforce the image of a professional telephone call.
• Understood what constitutes poor, satisfactory and excellence in care from the customers’ point of view.
• Agreed on the importance of professional excellence when using the telephone
• Developed effective questioning and listening techniques
• Demonstrated the need for clear and concise understanding between all parties.
• Developed a personal action plan
- Course and delegate objectives
• The Call
- Getting the most out of your call – making or receiving, external or internal
- Professional Telephone behaviour
- The three stages – greeting, getting the message & added value
- Taking message and transferring calls
- Using voicemail and mobile phones
- A plan for dealing with complaints over the telephone
• Developing a Personal Action Plan
- All delegates will be asked to complete pre-course work and will be given post course evaluation forms to complete
Duration: One Day